AQC-AIR QUALITY CONTROL CENTER
When tightly insulated homes have windows and doors shut, stale air is sealed in and fresh air is sealed out. Fresh air provides a healthier home and work environment. The key to eliminating moisture, bacteria, carbon monoxide and household odors is bringing fresh air indoors. The Dyna-Fresh Air Quality Control System brings outdoor air inside to make a more comfortable and healthy environment. The key component is a control panel which draws air into the home or workplace at pre-determined intervals with a 24 volt timer or manual override for continuous fresh air flow. The fresh air is drawn in through a motorized round damper. This fresh air is mixed with the indoor air already inside the heating / cooling system. The mixture is now circulated through the ductwork while stale air is vented out through an existing ventilation (such as a bathroom exhaust fan).
CONSTANT ENERGY CONSERVATION emphasis and local building code changes over the past several years have resulted in efforts to make buildings and homes more weather tight and draft free. While these efforts have been successful, eliminating outside air leakage has created another potential problem; air quality of the interior atmosphere.
Many provincial and local governments have become concerned that the relatively stagnant indoor air is showing increasing levels of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. Many provinces have required periodic introduction of outdoor air into the indoor environment. The Dyna-Fresh Air Quality Control Center coupled with a model NSPRD024 or SPRD110 Spring Return Damper was designed for this purpose.
- Fresh air is drawn in from the outside and mixed with return air to be distributed by the air handling equipment.
- The Dyna-Fresh AQC Control Panel coordinates the blower, exhaust fan and damper to introduce fresh air and remove stale air at user selectable 15 minute intervals.
- Stale air is exhausted by the independent exhaust fan.
The Dyna-Fresh AQC has a programmable (in 15 minute intervals) 24 hour timer which is wired to control a DuroZone Spring-Return Damper (110 volt or 24 volt), an exhaust fan, and the air handler fan. Once the timer has been programmed, a call from the Dyna-Fresh AQC for fresh air will:
- Open the Spring Return Damper to allow fresh air into the return duct
- Turn on the air handler fan to distribute the fresh air into the home
- Activate an exhaust fan to remove the stale air in the home or office
- Listed to UL and CSA Standards for Safety
- 24 Hour clock timer
- Programmable in 15 minute intervals
- Controls either a 24V or 110V Spring Return Damper
- Eliminates the need for a low voltage transformer to power the Fresh Air Damper
- Installs quickly
- Compact design
- Manual override switch for continuous fresh air
|35220||AQC||Air Quality Control Center|